OPA Article Submission Guidelines
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Last Updated on Wednesday, February 23, 2011
The Organization for Professional Astrology publishes articles and announcements for and by its members. We communicate through three channels: the OPA website, the OPA Enews, and the Career Astrologer. We welcome your submissions and ask that you review the following guidelines before sending us your content.
General Submission Guidelines
- Articles can be about astrology or business as it relates to building a professional practice. Relating your personal experiences as an aspiring or practicing professional astrologer to these topics is important.
- Topics may include, but are not limited to: advertising, marketing, bookkeeping, technology, software, teaching, lecturing, client interactions, education, conferences and retreats, networking, etc.
- Articles can be of any length. For very long articles published in the Career Astrologer we may suggest breaking it up into a series.
- Articles should appeal to an audience that includes both novice and expert astrologers.
- Articles dealing with astrology should use sound techniques, be factually and historically accurate, and properly reference any work that is not your own.
- Avoid debating the validity of other systems, disparaging other astrologers, or making sensational or unfounded claims.
- You must have the right to use any images included in your articles.
- Please proofread and spellcheck your articles before submitting them.
- Your article may be edited. If significant changes are necessary the article will be sent back to you for editing.
- If you are submitting an announcement please include a contact name, email address, and phone number. Include all relevant information such as dates, times, location, costs, and descriptions.
- OPA reserves the right to refuse publication of any information it deems inappropriate.
The Career Astrologer
The Career Astrologer is published quarterly at the cardinal points. It is published as a PDF and emailed to all active OPA members. Articles in the Career Astrologer will also be published directly on the OPA website.
- Please submit your article up to one month before publication. Submission deadlines are: November 21, February 21, May 21, August 21.
- Your photo and short bio can appear at the end of your article. Please include those with your submission.
- Articles should be submitted in either Word, RTF (rich-text format), or plain text.
- Photos or photo-montages are also welcome
Please send your submission as an attachment to: Twink McKenney
The OPA Enews is a monthly email sent to all active members. The Enews contains announcements and a question for all members to respond to. Member responses are collected and shared in the next monthly Enews. Active OPA members may submit announcements (speaking engagements, class offerings, awards and recognitions, etc.) to be included in the Enews.
Please send your announcements to: Dvora Weil
The OPA website is open to anyone, but to publish an article on the site you must be an OPA member. The benefits of publishing your articles on the OPA website include:
Building Community: Our profession thrives on education and sharing information. The Organization for Professional Astrology encourages its members to share their experiences building and running their professional practices.
Increasing Exposure: By publishing articles on the OPA website you're making your content available to a wider audience. The website also includes tools, like the "Share/Save" button at the end of each article, that make it easy for readers to distribute content to their own networks.
Optimizing Relevancy: Publishing your content on the OPA website with links back to your own site help increase your overall relevancy in the search engines (SEO).
- Articles can be submitted and published at any time.
- Your photo and short bio can appear at the end of your article.
- Articles should be submitted in RTF (rich-text format), plain text, in the body of your email, or Word. Attach photos as needed. Do not send PDF documents.
Please send your articles to