Trines in the Chart

Let's connect the earth with the stars and share questions and insights on our favourite topic: Astrology!
Maurice

Site Admin
Full Name: Maurice Fernandez

Trines in the Chart

Postby Maurice » Wed May 13, 2015 9:07 pm

Maurice

Site Admin

Re: Trines in the Chart

Postby Maurice » Sun May 17, 2015 8:36 am

Elizabeth Hazel
I'm certainly hoping to ride the wave of Jupiter-Uranus! Best aspect of the year, imo.

Monique Bianchi
I have found that sometimes trines result in situations being dissolved really easily and you may not think it was a good thing at the time. One example is an unexpected break up with a partner or getting a speeding fine ....

Cindy Chamberlin
I can recall reading an article written by an astrologer from DELL magazine, that said that we usually view trines as not basically having to perhaps "work" as "hard" at attaining goals or understanding ourselves as might someone with an hard aspect. I can see this being true because the conflict may not be there. But, I would never label it as "lazy". Just a circumstance of our chart.

Terri Kristine
Well, in a nutshell - trines are harmonious or they make you lazy. smile emoticon They can be lucky, facilitating, but without squares or oppositions to provide drive, luck only ever gets you so far. I think that beyond that, you really have to look at the player...See More

Michelle Young
The ease--or rather the excess slack--in some trines can be taken up by hard aspects to one or more of the points involved. One can misunderstand and expect everything to come easily because of a trine.

But if the trine is not seen in its full capacity that includes the hard aspects, it can be totally misunderstood. A trine that is misunderstood will be likely to be milked for all it's worth only to be found later connected to the source of one's pain. Once one understands that, one is less likely to milk it or to sit back on one's laurels, expecting praise and great things to fall in one's lap.
It took me a long time to realize this through personal experience.

Jenny Rosenblatt
For me, Trines are an easy aspect. A Trine is feminine energy, based on the number 3. Trines are planets of the same Element, and as such, connect within the commonality of that Element making it a harmonious energy.
However, because it is an 'easier' aspect, if there are too many Trines. in ones Chart, there is more likely things are so easy, that the person is lazy or lazier as far as personal growth goes.

Terri Kristine
I learned too through personal experience, but that experience wasn't mine. My ex-BFF milked a trine for all it was worth, it was her source of pain and being my best friend, it also became a source of mine as well - one that eventually led the end of our friendship. She had a water grand trine natally - as well as some hard aspects connecting it. Whatever I did or said to her didn't matter and in the end she decided between hanging on to her pain or hanging on to me. Through her experience, I learned just what a trine can do to someone. And for awhile, I was kind of thankful for my squares.

Michelle Young
Jenny, I have to disagree with your reference to "lazy" or "lazier." I think it's too easy to chalk up the experience to laziness when there can be more going on. Through the last 11 years, for example, I noticed a *tendency* for many astrology followers particularly from India take the attitude that they didn't dare buck the gods' wishes if their pujas didn't work when they had what appeared to be "bad" aspects. It wasn't a matter of laziness. It was a matter of their belief that you can't fight the gods so why try, this is "my fate." It took me a long time to impress on them that they still had the right and personal obligation to work *with* the transits and not smply to give up. That's not laziness. It's more perhaps our need to impress on someone (even when that someone is an astrologer wink emoticon ) that they can make a difference, that the *reason* they are learning about what *could* happen next is so they have an opportunity to take a different road to the destination in the situation.

I don't call that laziness by any means. As I said, I call that a misunderstanding. (I had the same kind of attitude, thinking something differently--that a situation was going to resolve itself becdause of the trines. One part of my trines, however, is the eye of a yod. lol The schooling I got from that alone was priceless. smile emoticon )

Lynda Stevens
I think trines can be a little compulsive. And that is not about grand trines either.

Maurice Fernandez
I paid attention to this transit for research sake, so today I ended up catching up with some sleep, after two sleepless nights (back injury thanks to Mars/Saturn)... I also spent a lot of the day working on my photography (art) rather than doing more mental work - I guess all this applies to the Venus/Neptune trine...
I agree that the "lazy" association is somewhat unverified - I personally never saw trines to be easy necessarily. There can actually be quite a bit of friction. Think of Pisces trine Cancer...very different energies, even if both are water.

Maurice

Site Admin

Postby Maurice » Sun May 17, 2015 8:39 am

Nora Jean Stone
Personally I have to make effort to utilize my trines, not to let them lay fallow because what they bring is so "easy."
Given some family concerns, I'm hoping for peace, healing, nurturing and self nurturing. We've been going through a tough patch the last month or so. Not me personally, but family members. As for my Mars in Cancer I'm cooking and doing artwork.

Laurie Ann Naughtin
Well I say the desire to let go and be totally indulgent is very tempting. I am also starting to work after a break so will need to bring my compassion and healing standards back to the party. So no longer about me but about sharing the healing. I find trines difficult in a way, they seem to dissolve situations, especially where Neptune comes in to play. My me time is dissolving as I say goodbye to my space as it opens up to others.
When it comes to the Fire trine of Jupiter and Uranus OMG if we see an opportunity that suddenly arises, dont think about it, take it and run with it. Breaking free will be easy. With me its about my resources and work...I am already feeling an opportunity and if it opens its an all go! I am ready, not going to let this trine go, I must make it work to be successful. Easy come easy go.

Sol W Jonassen
I will watch my wallet...Ops..I already failed there..Spent way too much money on beautiful things today ...Ah, well, it is at least giving something back...grin emoticon This is also prone to hypersensitivity, Venus-Neptune. Venus in moist and soft Cancer together with the open Neptune in Pisces can give room to the inner romantic to write a poem or two..Or cry..Or long..Or simply just be very, very romantic.

However, Venus in Cancer is very personal, and Neptune in Pisces can make those dreams about love seem far-far-away..Maybe people will get a rush of sentimentality and eat a bucket of icecream. Personally I feel very sensitive today. I have now Neptune square Neptune, and Neptune-Venus was a part of my solar return chart this year. So I am feeling extremely open and did some healing work related to the concept of love, on the nature of Love. It is a good meditation. One worth exploring. What is love?

Donna M Young
Trines without other challenging aspects can be gifts or advantages that come to us, but perhaps so easily that we sometimes don't recognize the opportunity. Lazy? Perhaps. Depends on the planet/sign. I blame this Venus/Neptune trine for my recent belief that I'm a descendant of Sleeping Beauty - not so much because I'm lazy, but I'm just sooooo tired. And my dream life has been amplified. It's also hitting sensitive points on my natal chart.

Eric Meyers
Trines (and sextiles) portray agreement. You can have someone with Moon trine Saturn who is emotionally in agreement with the very things which might limit, or even imprison. The mistake often made with aspects is to assign consciousness to them...they are just the phone lines which connect the sides of a dialogue. Having a clear phone line (analogy for trine) does not guarantee that the energies in dialogue will be conscious. In fact, a more frictional phone line (analogous to a square) may challenge the communication process to grow.

Maurice Fernandez
I paid attention to this transit for research sake, so today I ended up catching up with some sleep, after two sleepless nights (back injury thanks to Mars/Saturn)... I also spent a lot of the day working on my photography (art) rather than doing more mental work - I guess all this applies to the Venus/Neptune trine...
I think that the "lazy" association is somewhat unverified - I personally never saw trines to be easy necessarily. There can actually be quite a bit of friction. Think of Pisces trine Cancer...very different energies, even if both are water.

Laurie Ann Naughtin
Well had a big sunday dinner planned for Husbands birthday and load shedding (Load shedding for non South Africans is where the power is shut down for 4 - 6 hours every day or so, with no real roster or routine) hit us a 10, but managed to cook a delicious dinner on two gas cylinders, sun was the warming draw, turned the slightly melting ice cream into malted milk shakes

Maurice Fernandez
well that does capture it, Venus in Cancer is the family meal conviviality, and the load shedding, somewhat unexpected -out of control - occurrence that requires adaptation, is Neptune. The fact that you all adapted nicely, is working this aspect finely, but the stress is there. It is not effortless, as astrologers tend to assume.

Elena Porciani van Baalen
I had a lovely lazy day and enjoying the beautiful warm South African weather, eating outside with my friend..., but I also have the leak that I was talking about... Water has been gushing for 3 days now. On the other side of my bathroom wall, not in my property. Specualised plumber coming tomorrow... I hope it gets sorted.... I have also been dreaming bigtime... Thanks for reminding us how to see and experience the chart, the transiting aspects in action as we live our lives "en direct".

Maurice

Site Admin

Postby Maurice » Sun May 17, 2015 9:24 pm

Teresa Mar
Yesterday I have been writing about new moon for my blogue (mercury in gemini) . And I felt inspiration (Neptun in Pisces) . I was not lazy at all! grin emoticon

Diane Bishop
Trines allow the flow without effort, so depending on how it aspects the natal will determine it. Also, I was taught they need sextiles to energize, so that may be where the "lazy" derives from.

Maurice Fernandez
Personally, I dont think there is such a thing "without effort" in the universe, ha ha...

Lynda Stevens
Don't you ever suspect though. This kind astrology appears to be informed by the popular Calvinism that is at the root of many cultures. So trines and up being virtually stigmatised because they are 'easy.'

Joseph Takla
One should differentiate between a simple trine between 2 planets and a grand trine between 3 planets.The grand trine creats an energy of self sufficiency which makes the native extremely isolated, unable to reach others .The water grand trine brings an emotional self sufficiency, the earth grand trine, practical self sufficiency etc,,,If the grand trine is not aspected by a planet outside the triangle,thus creating an outlet ,it might be considered a very difficult aspect.

Maurice Fernandez
Joseph, do you mean that self- sufficiency is the difficult experience?

Joseph Takla
Not self-sufficiency by itself,Maurice,but a kind of isolation from others. Grand trines create defensive measures that work naturally against relationships and exchange of resources with others.It is a kind of protection of the ego.Many criminals statistically have this aspect, because they have a feeling of being a law to themselves, they take their own road.

Donna Van Toen
Yes, it's that law unto themselves thing I've seen, Joseph...

Maricy Mudjelib
My ex husband has great trine moon Aquarius sun Venus in Gemini and Saturn in Libra , extremely shy and bright very isolated indeed

I blessed the squares

Michelle Young
I must be an anomaly: I have three aspects I had *thought* were "simple" Grand Trines only to discover as I became more knowledgeable in this field that none of them are simple: they're all complex since they're all kites! This is when I began to realize I was looking at the fabric of the chart itself, the perfectly interwoven threads as they work with each other, the perfection of nature itself.

Laura Fried
When dealing with aspects of any kind, I look at it from the planets' perspective first. Aspects are how the planets relate to each other as opposed to the native. In this case, trines mean the planets involved have harmonious relationships. This can m...See More
4 hrs · Edited · Like · 2

Joseph Takla
Yes,Laura Fried the energy will behave like a pin ball punching on the sides,without outside interference ,unless a fourth or fifth planet aspects the grand trine diffusing the energy.The planet in question should be very important in analyzing the chart.
4 hrs · Like · 1

Laura Fried
Very interesting and thank you for the additional explanation, Joseph Takla. I have a grand water trine in my own chart. The info you provided is very useful to me in figuring out my own chart. The sun forms a square with one of the planets involved in the grand trine and now it explains so much!
4 hrs · Like · 1

Maurice Fernandez
Thanks everyone, I will observe this 'shielded effect' I believe Noel Tyl referred to it at some point too...
For my part, I have no idea how we can take for granted that there is no stress in ANY aspect, including trines...the expectation that harmony or easy flow is a matter of fact, seems naive. Consider a trine between Scorpio and Pisces...such different energies to combine, even though they share the same element. Scorpio is confrontational and intensely focused, when Pisces is passive and evasive. Do we really think that a Sun trine Moon in these signs means we will have it "all figured out?

Maurice

Site Admin

Postby Maurice » Tue May 19, 2015 6:17 am

Vinnie Scotti
Trines are easy, its easy to get addicted to love, like the meme "Your gonna have to face it your addicted to love", Trines can conversely be a grace period, maybe win the lottery! Then lose all the money when Saturn comes into the picture and says, listen hear mister Put Your Money In Savings!And you don't cause you got so attached to the soul ululations from the pure thrill of buying scratch tickets! But as to the Neptune you can't full understand Neptune transits its the omnicentric sea with no surface, the unknown the mysterious tide to god " the tao that can be named is not the tao". Also it can remind us are deepest sense of security is in god herself.Venus what is are practical relations with god as nature(Neptune).Jupiter Uranus trine, Hold on tight, Jupiter and Uranus need a reminder to strap on the seatbelt for security and safely sake.
Thanks

Maurice

Site Admin

Postby Maurice » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:16 pm

Christopher Awuku
Email: opusdestellis@gmail.com
Trines to me are positive energies/blendings of planets, in which both planets' energies expand and complement each other. Personally, I use a tight orb for transits, 3 or 4 degrees. However, in this case, Jupiter trine Uranus means a fusion of rapid change and expansion. It can mean a person is insightful, resourceful, and is able to use flux to expand his or her life. In the 2nd/10th houses, this means good fortune in career and financial terms. Venus trine Neptune means a blend of aesthetics and intuition. It could mean in this case a fusion of 1st and 8th house energies, in change/rebirth, and the self. Possibly this native has an innate intuition, which serves as a base to his or her identity. And with Water energy, the native may be more aesthetically geared and instinctual in nature. Trines generally are good aspects, but the strength depends on their orb size between them, conjuncts between other planets, or squares between other planets. A trine's affect will be good overall, but should be approached with caution vis a vis related transits, progressions, and other natally-derived aspects. In short, no one aspect, whether natal or not, should be viewed as intrinsically positive. It must be viewed in the natal and current transit context.

Return to “%s” Astrology Discussions