New Moon in Aquarius: The way "in" to the client

As astrologers we each have our style, preferences, and orientation for our practice. Every month, we choose a question about our professional astrology practice, and collect your responses here.
Katerusko

OPA supporter
Full Name: Kate Rusko

New Moon in Aquarius: The way "in" to the client

Postby Katerusko » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:25 pm

Before giving a reading, do you look at signatures in the chart that indicate how the client will receive the information? Do you alter the delivery of your reading for someone with, say, Mercury in Pisces, or Mercury in Capricorn? How would you identify the best way “in’” so that your reading has the most impact?

Katerusko

OPA supporter
Full Name: Kate Rusko

Re: New Moon in Aquarius: The way "in" to the client

Postby Katerusko » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:26 pm

William Sebrans

Interesting question in that brings to conscious awareness what might already be going on subliminally.

For sure, I look at all aspects and general tone to the chart to get an impression of whether a person might have a more active/initiating or passive/receptive orientation. That said, it is a discovery process, as formulas generally do not apply across all people, as most of us have humbly discovered.

There are Pisces Mercury types who are deliberate and Virgo Mercury types that are scattered, perhaps with Jupiter squaring or Uranus squaring, for example. There are introverted, circumspect fire types and extroverted, emotionally engaging types with strong water influences, who one might have thought to be more passive.

Outside the astrological lens, I have the Gurdjieff work as my primary lens, augmented by Human Design, that enables me to tell fairly quickly from direct experience if a person might be an emotional, intellectual, or instinctive/moving type which will favor different kinds of approaches, tone and or cadences, and when I am present enough, I adapt.

And, the most reliable trick in the book is to simply ask at the outset how the client likes to participate and learn. Low-tech, but very effective and energy-conserving for both client and myself. They, as I do, often appreciate being included at the outset.

Translation the information from the verbal to the non-verbal verbal. When an astrologer sees the characters and interpret them, this process is more difficult than reading words in s book. Interpret astrological signs is more complicated than reading hieroglyphs. Astrologer look at the horoscope and do not read symbols but interpret informational realm.

Astrologer at working process looks like a dog that sits opposite you and gazes attachedly. It understands very single word but can say nothing as it is nonverbal information. It is not expressed in words or shapes. This is energy information flow. The skill to transform information from nonverbal state is depend on astrologer's experience. The bigger astrological practice the better treatment of horoscopes.

But not only practice has an influence.

Dmitriy Paramonov

The purer the human energy field, the easier flow of information passes through humans. There are several factors that affect the interpretation of the horoscope.

But even if an astrologer was able to let through the information flow, this flow could give a verbal form, it is still necessary to do what, so those words were understood by the client.

Otherwise, the client will not understand the astrologer. At such times, the astrologer tells the client but the client can not hear him. Rather, they hear it, but according to the astrologer gives its meaning.

The ability to transfer information to the client in a language understood no less difficult than the ability to read the information field of the horoscope.

If an astrologer cannot speak the language of the client, the consultation of the astrologer like the fact if the inhabitant tries to read the wisdom of Lao Tzu: "the sound of one hand" - this expression is equivalent to the layman ravings of a madman.

If an astrologer cannot speak the words of inhabitant, his advice will be held for nothing. They might consult their cats as well.

If we want to get the most out of our consultations, we should focus on the client, focus on his problems,focus on his question, his gesture, focus on his facial expressions, in the tone of his words, the concentration in his eyes. Eyes are the key to the soul of a man.

So we understand what happens to the man. In order to choose the style of conversation and style of sentence structure, I look at a person's horoscope.

First of all I pay attention to the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars. I analyze where they are in the Zodiac, in which home they have aspects. Then I look at the AS, 3 home. All of this helps me to psych up to my client.

Alexandra Karacostas

There are always themes or signatures in our charts/our lives. I do not consciously alter how I convey my knowledge, though I do intuit my clients' level of understanding or lack of familiarity of their inner space and I modify the consultation to best suit their needs and ability to make use of the information I share with them. It's not one size fits all. Sensitivity and insight are valuable assets to astrologers so we can be most helpful to our clients.

Vinnie Scotti

Yes always. I read a chart for a Virgo with a Pisces moon a couple months back. I explained at times with language that to the best of my abilities was crystal clear(Virgo) and was also based on acceptance of self.Virgo can be critical of self, and me as someone with Jupiter in the 7th I do my best to lift others spirits, hence lifting Virgo beyond criticism of self. With the Pisces moon I asked if he was adopted, he said yes. This confirmation created rapport and access to receptivity. So I preceded to describe pieces as the poet that eventually becomes an invisible( Neptune not visible in the sky) poet mirroring the collective in conscious. He got it. I'm working with a cancer, I'm inviting him to use language, cancer can have challenges putting things in words. Also it’s not just about the language. It’s also matching how different signs occupy their body, as well as eye contact. Cancers can lock eyes due to attachment.

Maurice Fernandez

To some degree I will adjust my approach to the nature of the chart, but I think it happens naturally as the contact with the client unfolds. I would consider more what the level of consciousness of the person is, which is something that the chart cannot tell, but only by virtue of contact with the client. The level of evolution will tell me how conscious this person is, and so where to put boundaries with the chart information.

Donna Young

I always look at the chart for clues as to how to approach a client. I work from home, so if I see someone very Virgo-ish coming I make extra efforts to make sure everything is clean, especially because I'm a Pisces. I'm sure there's always something I've missed but then I tell myself it's good for them LOL. If it’s a new client I try to get them comfortable by speaking to their ascendant initially. But once I'm engaged I don't over-analyze what comes out of my mouth. It's not rehearsed. If, however, the chart is really high in air, I'll always ask if they want me to briefly explain astrology to them as I go. If there is a very logical mind there seems to be a preference for understanding why I'm saying what I'm saying. And then I will always tell them the difference between what I see in the chart, what's "just in" (as in, something I feel compelled to say that isn't necessarily coming from the chart), and what I'm saying because I've been around the block a few times and might have learned a thing or two. 

I think it's important to consider our charts against those of our clients. If we have a lot in common there is a much nicer flow. But if we are high in air and they are high in water, for example, there would have to be a more conscious effort to relate at a different level. 

Heiltje le Roux

A few thoughts on Mercury
How to connect with a client depends to a large extent on their reasons to seek counselling
from an astrologer. Here follows one way to approach a first time client and can be seen as
a form of blueprint of how to address the client.
First acknowledge the Sun sign, the eternal significant Self, then, align with feeling, the
Moon sign and emotional body. Note the respective rulers, placements and aspect of the
Sun and Moon in relation to each other. Then connect with Mercury through its sign, the
mental body. Mercury, as messenger of the gods, has the freedom to take any form
according to the tides that must be conveyed back to the Sun as divine self. Mercury is
androgynous and shape shifts to mould into the understanding of the issue at hand. Mercury
in the chart stays close to the Sun, forming the communication bridge from the divine light of
the central Sun to the rest of the chart and back. In the esoteric sense, Mercury is the divine
child of the Sun as self and the Moon as reflection received of the self, the divine marriage of
Sol and Luna. Mercury brings conscious understanding through learning during the earthly
incarnation of the divine self. It is Mercury as faculty of reason that separates man from the
carnal animal kingdom of the Earth sign.
When a client comes for a consultation, it is to understand something, to separate emotional
survival instinct from logic, to reflect on the self towards greater understanding of personal
self-reliance and what is desired. This is where connection to the signs of Mercury, and
Venus, plays a role. If you note the signs, rulers and placements of Mercury and Venus, you
can connect with the reasoning ability of your client while finding out what they value and
want. Mercury in the same sign as the Sun brings comfort of communication, but with this
ease, unspoken thoughts on the part of the client must be verbalized. If Mercury is in an
adjacent sign, there is more stress of being misunderstood, so take care to acknowledge the
Sun sign as well.
When you address a client through the sign of their Mercury, you speak their language; you
align with their ability to open up their thoughts to probabilities. Choices becomes possible,
you deflect their attention towards thoughts and away from feelings, but at the same time,
feelings is where the safety of the Moon sign is, never stride too far away and loses the
connection to the safety net.
Always look at the signs Mercury has progressed through, this will show the development of
the mind-matrix of Mercury, note the aspects to natal and progressed Sun. The progressed
Moon sign will show the biological placement within the flow of the time-space of the
incarnation.
First few minutes done while you settle into the reading; and then, for the rest of the chart…

Kate Rusko

I am at the beginning of my astrology practice and this has been the element that has most surprised and, frankly, delighted me. Is there any greater validation of astrology than the client actually playing out their chart characteristics in their interaction with you?
I do believe however that it is critically important that what you say actually registers. If it doesn’t, what is the point? Say a client operates primarily from their feeling function and I give them a reading that does not appeal at all to their feeling nature, the information will likely not resonate, and therefore not register. Some clients need everything laid out methodically, like on a dissecting table, others respond better to an inspired and inspiring approach. I feel I have to be prepared for all those possibilities. We all have our unique delivery ‘style’ and while it is important not to be thrown off our game by someone else’s reception of our insight, our style must have its own innate flexibility. I fear that if you are not in some way taking into account the client’s intake mechanism, then you are obviously not connecting that deeply with the chart, but rather are just connecting with your own perspective.

Return to “%s” Question of the Month